Cream of Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup ROMANO CHEESE
- 12 – 28 oz. cans tomato puree
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, seeded, peeled and chopped, or one jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves washed, dried and torn, reserving 6 small sprigs for garnish
In a medium (5+ quart) heavy stock pot, heat one tablespoon of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
Add the chicken stock, roasted peppers, tomato puree, basil leaves and oregano to the pot. Lower the heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the pot from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree the hot soup until smooth and creamy in consistency. Add the heavy cream and Romano Cheese and stir to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve individual bowls of soup drizzled with approximately one teaspoon of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and a sprig of basil. Add Tuscan Herb Crotons for a heartier meal. Serve immediately.
Spicy Pumpkin Chili
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 ounce can Great Northern beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 14.5 ounce cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- Salt to taste.
- 2 Tablespoons Bumble Red Chile EVOO
In a large pot, cook and crumble the beef until its no longer pink. Drain. Drizzle 1 Tbsp Bumble Red Chile EVOO, red pepper flakes, garlic, onion, and bell peppers, and drained beef. Continue cooking unltil the beef has browned and onions are clear.
Add beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and pumpkin puree. Season with pumpkin pie, and chili powder and salt to taste. Cover and Simmer for 35-45 mintues.
Finish with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, tortilla strips, onion, and cheese and remaining TBSP of Bumble Red Chile EVOO.
SLOW COOKER ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
- 1 egg
- 3/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs – no seasoning added
- 3 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Bumble Pennsylvania Pepper
- 2 boxes or about 8 cups chicken broth – low sodium
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 small head escarole or kale, washed, trimmed, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Bumble Italian Seasoning
- 1 3/4 cups small pasta such as anelinni or acini di pepe
To make the meatballs, stir together egg, ground turkey, onion, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon of the Parmigiano-Reggiano, 1 tablespoon or 1/2 of the parsley and pepper. Form into 1 inch meatballs. Put them on a plate or baking sheet and refrigerate while preparing the soup or overnight to facilitate easy prep in the morning.
Combine the broth, carrots, escarole or kale and seasoning on the slow cooker. Place meatballs into the broth, carefully so they don’t break apart. Set slow cooker to the low setting and let the soup cook for 6 hours. Add the uncooked pasta during the last 1/2 hour of cooking. Garnish with parsley and Parmigiano-Reggiano before serving.